Wednesday, January 31, 2007

What are those flashing lights behind me??


Can someone help me find my heart? I leaped right out of my chest when I saw this in my rear view mirror! I'm pretty sure its still in my car somewhere...

Yep, you guessed it. I got pulled over this morning on my way to work. :( Now most of you know that I only live about 4 minutes from where I work and I drive the same roads almost every day, in both directions. Now there is one road which is actually right behind my house that there is NO POSTED SPEED LIMIT, at least that I know of, in the stretch where I drive on it. I've lived here for what, something like 8 years now, and I always thought the speed limit was 35 on that stretch. Guess what? It's not. It's 25. And me being the lead foot that I am (always in a hurry) I was doing 38. Of course, I explained to the officer that I really wasn't watching my speed as I was on my cell phone explaining to my boss that I was 2 hours late to work because I had just finished working 18 hours the day (and night) before!! Now, when you work 18 hours in a single day, don't you think it would be ok to be a few hours late to work the next day??? Anyway, after having this great discussion with the officer about how I was on the phone with the boss and that I've lived here for 8 years and always thought it was 35 - even though I was doing 38 - he just smiled at me and said, "Sir, I hope your day gets better, don't let me catch you at 5 o'clock tonight doing 35 down that street." I just smiled back and said, "Thank you Sir...I won't" As he walked away, my first thought was, you won't catch me because I'm going a different way home! lol Just kidding. I am seriously going to look tonight to see if there are posted signs, I really don't think there are any! Besides that, I NEVER get out of work at 5 o'clock anyhow!

Anyway, praise God for Mercy and Grace! No ticket, boss felt sorry for me, I'm having left over steak for lunch, and there was fresh coffee when I got to work... The day is good.

6 comments:

Karen said...

glad you didn't get a ticket!! So will your bookkeeper! ;-) Fresh coffee can sure make a lot of things better, eh??

Billy said...

That is sooooo not fare!!! I have never once got a warning in my life! Every time I have been pulled over I got a ticket. Glad it worked out for you. I just hate that feeling when you see those lights! BTW I remember taking the driving test here and if there is no posted limit in a residential area the limit defaults to 25 :-)

Anonymous said...

lol!!
You better be careful out there daddy!

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

Billy is so punny! he wrote, "not fare" instead of "not fair" -- and you didn't get a "fare!" Yeah for not having to pay!

(Billy, I'm SURE, didn't even realize this. hee hee.)

Rachel said...

LOL...I agree about the nerd factor and football. Glad you didn't get a ticket.

Nathan said...

Dale, I checked it out. You were in fact in a marked 25 mph zone - the sign is right before the place where you get on so you never see it. I think that's called entrapment or something... :-P