Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Meet the Minister Who Says He Is Jesus Christ

I don't usually read garbage stuff like this, but I just couldn't resist this.

Click here to read this great story published in Newsweek Beliefs on MSNBC.com

You have GOT to read this... I am just dumbfounded. The story gets more and more weird the further along!

Someone else posted a comment on the MSNBC site and I copied it but then changed the translation because I like the NLT (thanks Billy!):

Matthew 24:3
3 Later, Jesus sat on the slopes of the Mount of Olives. His disciples came to him privately and asked, "When will all this take place? And will there be any sign ahead of time to signal your return and the end of the world?"
4 Jesus told them, "Don't let anyone mislead you.

5 For many will come in my name, saying, `I am the Messiah.' They will lead many astray.
23 "Then if anyone tells you, `Look, here is the Messiah,' or `There he is,' don't pay any attention.
24 For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up and perform great miraculous signs and wonders so as to deceive, if possible, even God's chosen ones.
25 See, I have warned you.
26 "So if someone tells you, `Look, the Messiah is out in the desert,' don't bother to go and look. Or, `Look, he is hiding here,' don't believe it!

27 For as the lightning lights up the entire sky, so it will be when the Son of Man comes.
28 Just as the gathering of vultures shows there is a carcass nearby, so these signs indicate that the end is near."

1 comment:

Just Me said...

He looks like Gene Simmons (sp?).
Don't you think?