Wednesday, January 17, 2007

WHAT A WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!

Ok...it can only get better right? I worked last night until 1:15AM (let see...that's 17 hours!) so of course I got up late for work this morning. (got up at 7:40 - supposed to be there at 8) Then my car is froze over so thick (wonderful Ohio - why do I live here again???) that I can't even scrape the windows without an ice pick. So I carefully pull it into the driveway with the door swung open and my head sticking out, trying not to hit anything. I quickly jump out and run inside to the warmth. After....oh....about 15 minutes the windsheild starts to see signs of defrosting so I decide I could go out and start breaking the ice off and maybe make it to work before 9:00. Hmmm....where is that ice scraper at??? Oh yeah...in the back seat on the floor... Wait a minute...my door is froze shut... ummm....no...the door is locked...(run around to the other side)...this one too...(Pondering on the situation - And remembering that I had very little gas left in the car) Then I remember the spare key! Oh...its on my keyring with all the other keys - locked in the car. Go back in the house...refill the coffee and thaw out hands (Guess where my gloves are??? - Yep...in the car) Run into the garage - get a BIG screwdriver and a stick of wood (Why? I don't know...it was there...) Stop and look at the hammer...think NOT and go back to the car... Pry the window open with the screwdriver, shove the wood in and press the power lock button! Nothing happens. Press it again! Nothing happens. Then I remember that when I turn on the rear defroster, my power locks don't work anymore. (Hey - It's a '92 Grand Am - I'm lucky it has power anything)! Pry my fingers off the cold glass and run back in the house to fill up and thaw out again. One last try... Run out...pry the window...shove in the wood...(pray)...catch the manual lock on the first shot...open the door. (sigh) (Thank God) (Repent for anything I said) Go back into the house. Tell everyone I got it! Say goodbyes - get gloves - scrape widows - head to work. Coasted into the gas station on fumes... Did you know power steering and brakes don't work when the engine stops running? I should have remembered that, but when you are heading at a gas pump at 10mph and can't stop or turn, you forget things... Anyway managed to miss the pump. Got gased up and actually made it to work by 9:15! And what does the boss say when I walk in???


"Rough morning?"

If he only knew....

4 comments:

Rachel said...

What a bummer of a morning! Glad you got there not to late though. LOL...Nathan was late but that was because he did the dishes for me this morning. By the way...LOVE THE BLOG!

Karen said...

hee hee. sorry I'm laughing. Well, not really. :) You need to find a better place for your spare keys, doncha think??? You can now reply, "Thank you Captain Obvious!"

Anonymous said...

Hey,

You sounded pretty good after 5:00 for this kind of a start.

Blessings

PR Husband to Mama Lilly

Billy said...

Wow what a morning! Thanks for sharing. It's good to know others can have days like that too!